The SWDC contract is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer to support an Information System Security Officer (ISSO). This position implements the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)/Department of Defense (DoD) Risk Management Framework (RMF) process in all its phases and manages computer network defense (CND) in accordance with DoD regulations. Responsibilities include: assisting with obtaining and maintaining system Authority to Operate (ATO) and Authority to Connect (ATC) packages; developing and maintaining CND policies and procedures; identifying, documenting, reporting and correcting system vulnerabilities; and managing cyber incident response.
The successful candidate will have:
• Good understanding of IT networks and systems and the cyber controls necessary to secure them.
• Ability to evaluate system and network configurations for compliance with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), NIST 800-53 Security Controls and ISO/IEC 15408 Common Criteria to formulate and implement effective high quality RMF accreditation packages.
• Experience conducting CND operations in a DoD environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
• Strong writing skills to produce the coherent and concise documentation required for certification evaluation
• Ability to create and work within schedules and timelines.
– 2 Years of cybersecurity applicable experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline; 0 Years with a Master’s degree with at least one of the degrees in a STEM discipline.
– Must possess a DoD 8570 IA Workforce Improvement Program IAM Level II Approved Baseline Certification or equivalent
– Working knowledge of NIST/DoD RMF processes.
– Understanding of boundary protection devices, including Firewalls and IPS devices and their relationship to network topologies.
– In-depth experience in O&M sustainment activities
– Experience working with vendors to expedite installations and repairs to ensure maximum uptime.
– Active DoD Secret Clearance
– Active DoD 8570 IA Workforce Improvement Program CNDSP Approved Baseline Certification.
– Current certification in one or more of the following: CISSP, CSSLP, GCIA, CEH, GCIH, SCYBER, SSCP, CSIH, GCFA,
– Experience in the configuration and/or operation of ACAS or HBSS/ESS
– Active Secret Clearance