The Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) Threat Modeling Center (TMC) at Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Engineer Systems out of Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Threat Modeling Center is responsible for the development and delivery of high fidelity threat modeling products in support of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and MDA’s Ballistic Missile Defense System. This position is for a Sr. Principal Systems Engineering supporting an agile software development team.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Decomposition of Capabilities and Feature Epics, into User Stories
• Driving Backlog Refinement activities
• Helping agile teams meet definition of Acceptability Criteria for Capabilities, Features, and User Stories
• Assisting product owner in identification of key user needs to drive the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver incremental user functionality
• Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the product development team
• Clearly identify and describe product backlog items in order to build a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the product development team
• Regular communication with stakeholders to understand requirements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs, and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• 9 Years with relevant Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM discipline; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with Ph.D.
• Final DoD Secret clearance
• Systems Engineering Lifecycle background including requirements derivation
• Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies, specifically the product owner role
• Strong Systems Engineering background
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology and tools (e.g., Cameo) and SysML methods
• Prior experience in an Agile software development environment
• Must possess good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Ability to work independently and in groups equally well; must be a self-starter
• Excellent time management
• Certifications (INCOSE, CSEP, OCSMP)
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering or Graduate Certificate
• Understanding of Modeling and Simulation (M&S), specifically for ballistic missile systems
• Knowledge of the flight characteristics, motion, atmospheric dynamics, and missile performance parameters necessary to model ballistic missiles is highly desirable. Strong math, physics or engineering background is preferred.
• Knowledge of software design and performance in IT infrastructures, networks and cloud solutions
• Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
• Current DoD Top Secret clearance with SSBI (SCI eligibility)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com